Valentine’s Day Art Projects
Creative and Romantic Gifts in Hartford, WI
Want to plan a special Valentine’s Day date? Get creative at our Hartford, WI, studio! Spend an evening painting with a special someone for a really unique date. Or create a fun project with your kids. Creative License® has many Valentine’s Day art projects for couples, families, and kids.
Unique Valentine’s Day Ideas
Did you agree to DIY Valentine’s Day gifts this year? Painted ceramics, canvas, or wood board is your chance to make a customized piece of art more personal than any playlist. We have a wide selection of ceramic pieces to choose from, ranging from practical coffee mugs to decorative figures. Pick something your loved one will enjoy and start painting!
Not sure you have the skills to make great art? Just ask our Creative Consultants for assistance! We have many templates you can use to guide you. We have many templates you can use to guide you. Or sign up for an instructional canvas painting class. During the class, you’ll get to pick a template and learn painting techniques for canvas and wood board.
Great Valentine’s Day Gifts for Artists
If you’re dating or married to an artist, you know they can go through art supplies alarmingly fast. By stopping by our studio, they won’t waste their personal supply! We have all the paints, brushes, and easels they need to complete a beautiful art project. Even better, there’s no cleanup! Our Creative Consultants handle everything.
Or give a take-home ceramic painting kit as a gift for an artistic loved one. They will be able to take home the paint and brushes they need. Once they are finished, bring their art back to our studio to be fired in our kiln.
Romantic Art Projects for Valentine’s Day
Whether you’ve been dating for a week or decades, a Valentine’s Day visit to Creative License® is sure to impress. Everyone expects chocolate or flowers, so surprise them with an artistic gift they’ll never forget! Walk-ins are welcome at our studio or tables for special projects can be reserved in advance.
There is no wrong way to create memorable art. Our Creative Consultants recommend several different art activities for couples:
- Read My Mind – Do you know your partner’s favorite color? What patterns they like? Prove it with art! Select a piece and give it to your partner to paint. They will then give you a piece they picked. You paint theirs based on what you know they like. Once you are both finished, present it and see how well you really know each other. You may be surprised by the results!
- Half of My Heart – Each of you paints one half of ceramic heart, filling it with things you love about the other.
Taking home one of our ceramic art kits? There are many fun activities you can try, including:
- Follow the Leader – Set up work areas in different parts of your home. Make sure you are able to hear one another. One of you will be the leader, painting your ceramic piece. Tell your partner what you are doing and they will try to do the same. When you’re finished, meet up and compare your pieces.
- Be My Eyes – Test your teamwork by painting. One of you will be the eyes while the other will be the hands.
- Hands: Reach over your partners shoulders or under their arms, whichever is most comfortable. You should not be able to see the table. Wait for instructions from your partner and follow them as best you can.
- Eyes: Put your hands under the table or behind your back. Guide your partner to the different colors and brushes as they paint. By working together, you'll be able to complete a truly one-of-a-kind art piece!
- Caution: This can get messy! Make sure you protect the table in case of spills.
Valentine’s Day Art Projects for Kids
Spending Valentine’s Day with your children? Take them to our studio for kid-friendly Valentine art projects. We have canvas and ceramic painting kids will love decorating. Children over age 10 are welcome to try fused glass art.
If you’re heading out for a dinner date with your spouse, a take-home ceramic painting kit will keep the kids occupied without driving the babysitter crazy.
Valentine’s Day Gifts for Mom and Dad
Want to surprise your spouse with Valentines from your kids? Stop by our Hartford location to create adorable and personal art pieces. We have many ceramic keepsakes for gifts your whole family will cherish. Try making a fused glass picture frame or paint a coffee mug they can take to work for a daily reminder of how much their kids love them.
"Galentine’s Day" Celebrations in Hartford
A new Valentine’s Day tradition is to celebrate the day before (February 13th) with your closest gal pals. Known as Galentine’s Day, this is ideal for any lady who want to share the holiday with their best friends and sisters. Check out some of our other ladies’ night art activities for year-round painting opportunities.
While there is no cute name for the male equivalent of Galentine’s Day, men are welcome to have their own Valentine’s Day art events.
Need a last minute Valentine's Day gift? Creative License® gift cards are reusable and perfect for kids, parents, spouses, and anyone special in your life.